FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: We open school on Monday, August 1, 2016. School begins at 7:45 am.
PARKING LOT TRAFFIC: We have a very limited number of parking stalls. Our parking lot traffic moves very slow and our parking lot is very congested on the first few days of school as parents develop a morning routine with children. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We suggest:
- If you plan to wait with your child in the morning, park in the community across the street and walk with your child to school. If you plan to drop off your child at school in the morning, our school staff will be at the drop off area to meet and escort children to the cafeteria. When the 7:45 am bell rings, Staff will escort students to class.
- Gates open for after school pick-up at 2:00 pm (MTThF) and 12:20 pm (W). Arrive no earlier than that time. Cars waiting on Salt Lake until the gate opens may risk being ticketed by the neighborhood police officers. Pick up your child from the pick-up shelter by 2:25 pm (MTThF) and 12:45 pm (W).
OTHER STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES: Inquire at the school office.
- A school bus is available for students living in AMR.
- Kama’aina Kids, afterschool care, held in our cafeteria, is available on a first come basis.
- Continued support of your child’s special needs as identified in documents sent by your previous school.
MEAL PAYMENT SYSTEM: Our school utilizes a pre-paid debit system for student meals. Each student has an individual meal account. Meal payment envelopes are available at the office; a receipt issued for monies collected. We do not use a debit/credit card system for payments at our office. Low balance reminder notices are sent home weekly with students and you may call the office to check on your child’s meal account balance.