Makalapa Elementary is a school where our dedicated staff inspire students to be college, career, and citizenship ready.
All Makalapa students learn, achieve, and succeed.
At Makalapa, we believe . . .
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A student learns best when there are appropriate opportunities for success.
- Teachers, parents, and the community share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission.
Makalapa Elementary School committed to standards-based education. We desire all our students to attain six overarching goals for all of the content and performance standards. These, General Learner Outcomes (GLO) are...
- GLO #1 - The ability to be responsible for one's own learning.
- GLO #2 - The understanding that it is essential for human beings to work together.
- GLO #3 - The ability to be involved in complex thinking and problem-solving.
- GLO #4 - The ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products.
- GLO #5 - The ability to use communication skills to function effectively in society.
- GLO #6 - The ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically.